“‘Work–life balance is a concept involving proper prioritisation between “work” (career and ambition) and “lifestyle” (health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development/meditation)’ but what does this really mean?:
- Work is a never ending process – it can never be completed.
- Interest of a client is important, so is your family.
- If you fall in life neither your client or boss will lend you a helping hand, your family and friends will.
- Life is not only about work, office, and client – don’t let life be meaningless. Cherish your moments with family/friends and experience new adventures with them as well.
- A person who stays late at the office is not a hardworking person – those who are able to work effectively in the time provided they are hugely successful and enjoy a great work life balance.
- You did not study hard or struggle in life to become a machine – machines can operate 24 hours a day with the right fuel. You cannot.
- If your boss forces you to work late – they may be ineffective or have a meaningless life.
So always leave the office on time!”
Adapted from an article by Andrew McGregor (Director at Design and Build Recruitment)