Why do some people seem to handle challenges with grace and ease while other crumble under stress?
Many of the world’s most successful people have some sort of daily mindfulness practice.
Here’s what they do differently:
1. They don’t get hooked by their emotions. Mindful people don’t react to fleeting feelings. They respond in a calm, controlled manner.
2. They pay attention to their repetitive thoughts. Mindful people look for exaggerated, irrational, or unrealistic thoughts that may cause them undue worry.
3. They get curious and ask questions. Mindful people are empathic and expert listeners.
4. They embrace imperfection (in themselves and others). Perfectionism is a happiness killer.
5. They practice preemptive self-care. Mindful people manage their attentional resources. They monitor their internal state to watch for signs of depletion.